Re: possible conflict over the /usr/bin/ia namespace
- Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2018 09:16:44 -0400
- From: Antoine Beaupré <anarcat@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: possible conflict over the /usr/bin/ia namespace
On 2018-09-25 13:43:42, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Antoine Beaupré writes ("Re: possible conflict over the /usr/bin/ia namespace"):
>> Great! I would be happy to help with that if you need any assistance.
>> In the meantime, should I just upload IA to NEW? :)
> You need to coordinate the transition for the /usr/bin/ia filename. I
> think that means your new internet-archive package should probably
> Conflict: python-duckduckgo2 (<< version-without-ia~)
> That can probably be uploaded before the new python-duckduckgo2 but
> the relevant version number should be agreed.
Makes sense. How about:
Conflicts: python-duckduckgo2 (<= 0.242+git20151019-1)
This way we assume any newer upload of the package will remove ia?
I'd be happy to do that upload, actually. I see the git repo used to be
... but it hasn't been migrated to Salsa. Would you be okay to move this
in the Python module's team umbrella (as opposed to simply collab-maint)?
> And if you do upload internet-archive before python-duckduckgo2 is
> changed there there should probably be a bug against
Sure, I'll file that anyways now.
> I guess that bug doesn't need to be rc ?
Yeah, that's not RC material, as long as the bug is not forgotten in the
next upload of course. :)
Instead of worrying about what somebody else is going to do, which is
not under your control, the important thing is, what are you going to
decide about what is under your control?
- Richard Stallman