Bug#909408: ITP: fd-find -- Simple, fast and user-friendly alternative to find
- Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2018 09:31:13 +0200
- From: Sylvestre Ledru <sylvestre@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Bug#909408: ITP: fd-find -- Simple, fast and user-friendly alternative to find
Owner: Rust Maintainers <pkg-rust-maintainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
* Package name : fd-find
* URL : https://github.com/sharkdp/fd
* License : MIT or apache2
Programming Lang: Rust, what else ? ;)
Description : Simple, fast and user-friendly alternative to find
While it does not seek to mirror all of find's powerful functionality,
fd provides sensible (opinionated) defaults for 80% of the use cases.
* Convenient syntax: ‘fd PATTERN’ instead of ‘find -iname '*PATTERN*'’.
* Colorized terminal output (similar to ls).
* It's fast, often faster than find.
* Smart case.
* Ignores hidden directories and files, by default.
* Ignores patterns from your .gitignore, by default.
* Regular expressions.
* Parallel command execution with a syntax similar to GNU Parallel.
Please note: the executable and the associated manpage were renamed
from ‘fd’ to ‘fdfind’ because of a file name clash.