Re: Q: Where is keyring packaging guideline?
- Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2018 05:59:45 -0700
- From: Sean Whitton <spwhitton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Q: Where is keyring packaging guideline?
Hello, On Tue 21 Aug 2018 at 10:25AM GMT, Peter Palfrader wrote: > I'm not convinced that 3rd party keyring packages belong in the Debian > archive. > > If the software itself is good and free, then it belongs into Debian > itself. > > However, we shouldn't start shipping random key material for various > other places that just happen to offer their software in a format that > is consumable by apt. Providing the keyrings just as data, and not automatically adding them as trusted by apt, might be useful for bootstrapping trust paths, however. -- Sean Whitton
Description: PGP signature
- Prev by Date: Re: Developing - Devices - Scanner - Running Canon CanoScan 5600F Scanner on Debian in an official way?
- Next by Date: Bug#907051: Say much more about vendoring of libraries
- Previous by thread: Re: Q: Where is keyring packaging guideline?
- Next by thread: Re: Q: Where is keyring packaging guideline?