Q: Packaging headers -> need for -dev package
- Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2018 21:34:36 +0200
- From: Alec Leamas <leamas.alec@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Q: Packaging headers -> need for -dev package
Again: Attempting to package OpenCPN .
In my discussions w upstream a header has been on the table. While
OpenCPN certainly isn't a library, there is a lot of third-party plugin
development. The interface between the plugins and the main application
lives in a header called ocpn_plugin.h which thus i srequired when
For me, it's natural to package this header in a opencpn-dev package.
However, when confronted with a "citation needed" I don't find
anything written on this. I see three possibilities:
- I'm plain wrong, there is no need to package the header
- I'm right, but it's just common sense.
- I'm right, and there is something written on it somewhere.