Bug#906218: ITP: python-hdmedians -- high-dimensional medians in Python
- Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2018 17:00:49 +0200
- From: Andreas Tille <tille@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Bug#906218: ITP: python-hdmedians -- high-dimensional medians in Python
Owner: Andreas Tille <tille@xxxxxxxxxx>
* Package name : python-hdmedians
Version : 0.13~git20171027.8e0e9e3
Upstream Author : Dale Roberts <dale.o.roberts@xxxxxxxxx>
* URL : https://github.com/daleroberts/hdmedians
* License : Apache-2.0
Programming Lang: Python
Description : high-dimensional medians in Python
Various definitions for a high-dimensional median exist and this Python
package provides a number of fast implementations of these definitions.
Medians are extremely useful due to their high breakdown point (up to
50% contamination) and have a number of nice applications in machine
learning, computer vision, and high-dimensional statistics.
This package currently has implementations of medoid and geometric
median with support for missing data using NaN.
This is the package for Python2
Remark: This package is maintained by Debian Med Packaging Team at
This package is needed for the new version of python-skbio.