Bug#905723: ITP: shoelaces -- lightweight tool for server bootstrapping
- Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2018 08:54:53 -0700
- From: Raúl Benencia <rul@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Bug#905723: ITP: shoelaces -- lightweight tool for server bootstrapping
Owner: Raúl Benencia <rul@xxxxxxxxx>
* Package name : shoelaces
Version : 1.0.0
Upstream Author : Raúl Benencia <raul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
* URL : https://github.com/thousandeyes/shoelaces
* License : Apache
Programming Lang: Go
Description : lightweight tool for automated server bootstrapping
Shoelaces provides a mechanisms for automating the bootstrapping of servers. It
serves iPXE boot scripts, cloud-init configuration, and actually any kind of
Among its main features we can find that:
- it allows automating the boot script to serve for a given server based
on its IP address or DNS PTR record.
- it has a web UI to show the current configurations, and history of
servers that booted.
- it uses the Go template language to serve the configurations, allowing
to customize them with parameters received via GET request.
I am upstream for this tool and plan to be the main maintainer of the package.
The Debian Go Packaging Team will be set as Uploader.