Questions about packaging systemd unit files
- Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2018 16:52:46 -0400
- From: "Theodore Y. Ts'o" <tytso@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: Questions about packaging systemd unit files
One of my packages is about to have some systemd unit and timer files
added to it.
1) Am I right in understanding that after modifying or adding any
systemd unit or timer files, I must run "systemctl daemon-reload"?
2) How is this supposed to be done as part of a debian package
install? Should the package maintainer scripts do this in, say,
the package's postinst file?
3) Should the maintainer scripts call "systemctl daemon-reload"
directly or is there some way that changes to systemd unit files
are batched so a single "systemctl daemon-reload" is called when
dpkg install run is completed?