Bug#902976: ITP: netcdf-parallel -- Parallel build of NetCDF library
- Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2018 11:37:23 +0100
- From: Alastair McKinstry <mckinstry@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Bug#902976: ITP: netcdf-parallel -- Parallel build of NetCDF library
Owner: Alastair McKinstry <mckinstry@xxxxxxxxxx>
* Package name : netcdf-parallel
Version : 4.6.1
Upstream Author : University Corporation for Atmospheric Research/Unidata
* URL : https://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-c/releases
* License : NetCDF (BSD-like)
Programming Lang: C
Description : Parallel build of NetCDF library
This is a fork of the NetCDF library, already present in Debian.
It will be identical except:
* It will provide MPI, pnetcdf builds rather than serial
* The library names will be libnetcdf_mpi, libnetcdf_pnetcdf, etc. (_mpi, _pnetcdf suffixes)
* Versioned symbols will be used
It is expected that only a few packages that prefer parallel NetCDF will be converted
to use this package - most will continue with the original NetCDF package.
It is planned to work with upstream to get versioned symbols accepted.
This package is necessary because it is not possible currently to enable all functionality
in any single build of NetCDF - use of Compression, etc. in netcdf-4 requires a serial build.
It is hoped that upstream work will make this package unnecessary in the long term (post-Buster)