Bug#901812: ITP: jitterentropy-rngd -- Jitter RNG Daemon
- Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2018 18:44:00 +0100
- From: Luca Boccassi <bluca@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Bug#901812: ITP: jitterentropy-rngd -- Jitter RNG Daemon
Package: wnpp Severity: wishlist Owner: Luca Boccassi <bluca@xxxxxxxxxx> * Package name : jitterentropy-rngd Version : 1.0.8 Upstream Author : Stephan Mueller <smueller@xxxxxxxxxx> * URL : http://www.chronox.de/jent.html * License : BSD-3-Clause OR GPL-2 Programming Lang: C Description : Jitter RNG Daemon Upstream description: "Using the Jitter RNG core, the rngd provides an entropy source that feeds into the Linux /dev/random device if its entropy runs low. It updates the /dev/random entropy estimator such that the newly provided entropy unblocks /dev/random. The seeding of /dev/random also ensures that /dev/urandom benefits from entropy. Especially during boot time, when the entropy of Linux is low, the Jitter RNGd provides a source of sufficient entropy." Upstream repository: https://github.com/smuellerDD/jitterentropy-rngd Unless there are strong objections, I will upload this later this week. -- Kind regards, Luca Boccassi
Description: This is a digitally signed message part
- Prev by Date: Re: DEP-8 pseudo-restriction "hint-dpkg-testsuite-triggers"
- Next by Date: Re: DEP-8 pseudo-restriction "hint-dpkg-testsuite-triggers"
- Previous by thread: Bug#901801: ITP: pgstat -- Collects PostgreSQL statistics the same way as a sysstat tool
- Next by thread: Bug#901837: RFP: golang-github-opencontainers-runtime-tools -- OCI Runtime Tools