Bug#901184: ITP: libedlib -- library for sequence alignment using edit distance
- Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2018 23:58:24 +0200
- From: Andreas Tille <tille@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Bug#901184: ITP: libedlib -- library for sequence alignment using edit distance
Owner: Andreas Tille <tille@xxxxxxxxxx>
* Package name : libedlib
Version : 1.2.3
Upstream Author : Martin Šošić
* URL : https://github.com/Martinsos/edlib
* License : MIT
Programming Lang: C
Description : library for sequence alignment using edit distance
A lightweight and super fast C/C++ library for sequence alignment using
Calculating edit distance of two strings is as simple as:
edlibAlign("hello", 5, "world!", 6,
* Calculates edit distance (Levehnstein distance).
* It can find optimal alignment path (instructions how to transform
first sequence into the second sequence).
* It can find just the start and/or end locations of alignment path -
can be useful when speed is more important than having exact
* Supports multiple alignment methods: global(NW), prefix(SHW) and
infix(HW), each of them useful for different scenarios.
* You can extend character equality definition, enabling you to e.g.
have wildcard characters, to have case insensitive alignment or to
work with degenerate nucleotides.
* It can easily handle small or very large sequences, even when finding
alignment path, while consuming very little memory.
* Super fast thanks to Myers's bit-vector algorithm.
This package contains the shared library.
Remark: This package is maintained by Debian Med Packaging Team at
It is a precondition for racon (#890187)