Bug#900124: ITP: libjavolution-java -- Java core library for real-time and embedded systems
- Date: Sat, 26 May 2018 14:58:35 +0200
- From: Andreas Tille <tille@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Bug#900124: ITP: libjavolution-java -- Java core library for real-time and embedded systems
Owner: Andreas Tille <tille@xxxxxxxxxx>
* Package name : libjavolution-java
Version : 6.0.0
Upstream Author : Javolution
* URL : http://javolution.org/
* License : BSD-2-clause
Programming Lang: Java
Description : Java core library for real-time and embedded systems
Javolution real-time goals are simple: To make your application faster
and more time predictable!
* High-Performance - Hardware accelerated computing (GPUs) with
* Minimalistic - Collection classes, supporting custom views, closure-
based iterations, map-reduce paradigm, parallel computations, etc.
* Optimized - To reduce the worst case execution time documented
* Innovative - Fractal-based structures to maintain high-performance
regardless of the size of the data.
* Multi-Cores Ready - Most parallelizable classes (including
collections) are either mutex-free (atomic) or using extremely short
locking time (shared).
* OSGi Compliant - Run as a bundle or as a standard library. OSGi
contexts allow cross cutting concerns (concurrency, logging,
security, ...) to be addressed at run-time through OSGi published
services without polluting the application code (Separation of
* Interoperable - Struct and Union base classes for direct interfacing
with native applications. Development of the Javolution C++ library
to mirror its Java counterpart and makes it easy to port any Java
application to C++ for native compilation (maven based) or to write
Java-Like code directly in C++ (more at Javolution C++ Overview)).
* Simple - You don't need to know the hundreds of new Java 8 util.*
classes, most can be built from scratch by chaining Javolution
collections or maps. No need to worry about configuration,
immutability or code bloating !
Remark: This package is maintained by Debian Java Maintainers at
This package is a predepencency for some scientific Java packages.