Bug#899322: ITP: trace2dbest -- bulk submission of chromatogram data to dbEST
- Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 20:30:13 +0200
- From: Steffen Moeller <moeller@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Bug#899322: ITP: trace2dbest -- bulk submission of chromatogram data to dbEST
Owner: Steffen Moeller <moeller@xxxxxxxxxx>
* Package name : trace2dbest
Version : 3.0.1
* URL : http://www.nematodes.org/bioinformatics/trace2dbEST/
* License : GPL
Programming Lang: Perl
Description : bulk submission of chromatogram data to dbEST
To appear on https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/trace2dbest
ESTs are short sequences derived from reverse-transcribed RNA.
Their abundances yield insights in the expression of genes across
tissues, support the discovery of new genes and allow to assess
the coverage of whole genome sequencing projects. Public databases
like dbEST at the NCBI collect this data.
trace2dbEST process raw sequenceing chromatograph trace files from
EST projects into quality-checked sequences, ready for submission to
dbEST. trace2dbEST guides you through the creation of all the necessary
files for submission of ESTs to dbEST. trace2dbest makes use of other
software (available free under academic licence) that you will need to
have installed, namely phred, cross_match and (optionaly) BLAST.