Bug#898854: ITP: turing -- assistant to learn algorithms and programming languages
- Date: Wed, 16 May 2018 19:31:40 +0200
- From: Georges Khaznadar <georgesk@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Bug#898854: ITP: turing -- assistant to learn algorithms and programming languages
Owner: Georges Khaznadar <georgesk@xxxxxxxxxx>
* Package name : turing
Version : 0.10~beta
Upstream Author : Tom Niget <niget.tom@xxxxxxxxx>
* URL : https://github.com/TuringApp/Turing
* License : MIT
Programming Lang: Python
Description : assistant to learn algorithms and programming languages
Turing is a free and cross-platform app whose main goal is to assist
the learning of algorithms and programming languages by providing
easy-to-use development tools to all.
It provides a lighter alternative to the well-known Algobox, which is
the currently de-facto widely used solution.
It provides two work modes:
* Algorithm mode
* Uses a "natural" pseudocode language similar to the one used in
Algobox and school books.
* Assisted development
* Program mode
* Uses Python, for the more experienced
In both modes, the code can be debugged and executed step-by-step to
facilitate the problem-solving side of development.
All the dependencies for the new package 'turing' are in Debian, except
python3-autopep8 which should enter unstable shortly, see bug #875906
which I am closing.
Turing's author is most enthusistic about pushing his work into Debian;
no much autors of high quality free software are aged 15.