Web lists-archives.com

Re: Comma in Maintainer field (Was: problems in gjots2 and Debian)

Thank you Andreas, this is surprisingly interesting.

On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 08:37:07AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
>  "Adam C. Powell, IV" <hazelsct@xxxxxxxxxx>
>  Adam C. Powell, IV <hazelsct@xxxxxxxxxx>
>  Debian GNOME Maintainers <pkg-gnome-maintainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sebastian Dröge <slomo@xxxxxxxxxx>
>  John H. Robinson, IV <jaqque@xxxxxxxxxx>
>  "Natural Language Processing, Japanese" <pkg-nlp-ja-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>  Natural Language Processing, Japanese <pkg-nlp-ja-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>  Rogério Brito <rbrito@xxxxxxxxxx>,                                                                          +
>   Holger Levsen <holger@xxxxxxxxxx>
>  Thomas Bushnell, BSG <tb@xxxxxxxxxx>
>  TransNexus, Inc. <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> (9 rows)
>
> >From my understanding the names in quotes should be parsed correctly, right?
Hmm, there are different "should" here.
I think we can say "it should be supported in Debian" (or at least some
other quoting thing).
I don't know if it's OK for the current policy, as it's not clear if "The
name must come first, then the email address inside angle brackets <> (in
RFC822 format)." means the whole string or just the email address should
be in RFC822 format.
I don't know if the current tools parse it correctly.

--
WBR, wRAR