Bug#895353: ITP: rust-pulldown-cmark-0.1 -- Pull parser for CommonMark
- Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 14:05:04 +0200
- From: Wolfgang Silbermayr <wolfgang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Bug#895353: ITP: rust-pulldown-cmark-0.1 -- Pull parser for CommonMark
Package name: rust-pulldown-cmark-0.1
Upstream Author: Raph Levien <raph@xxxxxxxxxx>
Description: Pull parser for CommonMark, written in Rust.
Pulldown-cmark is a pull parser library for CommonMark, written in Rust.
It comes with a simple command-line tool, useful for rendering to HTML,
and is also designed to be easy to use from as a library.
It is designed to be:
* Fast; a bare minimum of allocation and copying
* Safe; written in pure Rust with no unsafe blocks
* Versatile; in particular source-maps are supported
* Correct; the goal is 100% compliance with the CommonMark spec
I suggest to use the source package name rust-pulldown-cmark-0.1 because
the main usage is as a library, e.g. in the mdbook tool or the cobalt
static site generator.
I intend to help maintaining rust-based packages in Debian, and
CommonMark seems to be a first low-hanging fruit, because it only
depends on only two other rust libraries (bitflags and getopts) which is
not common in the rust environment. It provides value as a stand-alone
command-line tool for generating HTML from CommonMark files.