Re: Planning the removal of c_rehash | mass bug filling
- Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2018 18:32:49 -0500
- From: Michael Shuler <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Planning the removal of c_rehash | mass bug filling
On 04/09/2018 05:34 PM, Sebastian Andrzej Siewior wrote:
> On 2018-04-09 15:55:14 [-0500], Michael Shuler wrote:
>> It was purely a conservative duplication of existing symlinks. I can
>> drop the old md5 symlinks, if there's a consensus that they are no
>> longer needed in unstable.
> Based on my research I think you can drop the old links since they were
> only required until everything was rebuilt and the symlinks were
> re-created during the 0.9.8 -> 1.0.0 transition. We are past that point
>> I could also include -compat for both
>> symlinks, if this needs to go in a stable update, just to be sure we're
>> not making a breaking change for users in Stretch.
> There is no need to push this stable. There is nothing wrong with it as
> far as I can tell.
> Upstream considers that script as legacy (and it not part of the
> testsuite) and I just wanted to make sure that we are ready to drop that
> script once upstream decides to remove it. Also not to be part of any
> further fallout.
Thanks for the help, Sebastian. I've dropped the -compat flag for the
next upload to unstable and won't worry about this for stable.