Bug#894585: ITP: golang-github-jedisct1-dlog -- A super simple logger for Go. Supports stderr, logfiles, syslog and windows event log.
- Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2018 19:52:29 -0400 (EDT)
- From: "Eric Dorland" <eric@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Bug#894585: ITP: golang-github-jedisct1-dlog -- A super simple logger for Go. Supports stderr, logfiles, syslog and windows event log.
Owner: Eric Dorland <eric@xxxxxxxxxx>
* Package name : golang-github-jedisct1-dlog
Version : 0.3+git20180206.52c32ac-1
Upstream Author : Frank Denis
* URL : https://github.com/jedisct1/dlog
* License : BSD-2-clause
Programming Lang: Go
Description : A super simple logger for Go
Go's standard logger is fairly limited. As result, kazilion alternatives
loggers have been written.
All of these are wonderful. They can make your logs look colorful and
pretty, buffer things in complicated ways, format data for ElasticSearch,
Cool, but all I wanted is something super dumb, that just exposes
log.Info(), log.Error() and a couple other standard levels.
I don't need a super flexible kitchen sink. Just something super basic
and trivial to use. I just want it to handle different log levels, and
be able to write simple logs to stderr, to a local file, to syslog and
to the Windows event log.
So, here's one more logging library for Go. The dumbest of them