Web lists-archives.com

Re: What problem might happen when bumping soname without adding Conflicts:/Breaks:?

Hi,

* My mentor suggests that the new library package (libdframeworkdbus2) should
add the relationship "Conflicts: libdframeworkdbus1"

what is mentor's argument about adding this?

...and such necessity is not reflected in the documentation.

which i consider correct.

We'd like to know that with transitions for library soname bump, is
"Conflicts:" relationship needed / not needed in all circumstances and what
problem might users / developers encounter if it is added / not added.

If there are no file collision (and both packages can be co-installed), I don't see any reason why add Conflicts/Replaces.

--
Best regards
 Ondřej Nový

Email: novy@xxxxxxxxxx
PGP: 3D98 3C52 EB85 980C 46A5  6090 3573 1255 9D1E 064B