Bug#894260: ITP: ghostwriter -- A distraction-free Markdown editor for Windows and Linux
- Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2018 23:16:16 +0200
- From: Sebastien CHAVAUX <seb95.scou@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Bug#894260: ITP: ghostwriter -- A distraction-free Markdown editor for Windows and Linux
Owner: Sebastien CHAVAUX <seb95.scou@xxxxxxxxx>
* Package name : ghostwriter
Version : 1.5.0
Upstream Author : wereturtle <wereturtledev@xxxxxxxxx>
* URL : https://wereturtle.github.io/ghostwriter/
* License : GPL-3.0+
Programming Lang: C, C++, HTML, CSS, QMake, Objective-c++, other...
Description : A distraction-free Markdown editor for Windows and Linux
Distraction-free, themeable Markdown editor
ghostwriter is a Markdown editor that provides a themable,
distraction-free writing environment, along with a live HTML
preview as you type, easy document navigation with an outline HUD,
and export to popular document formats with Sundown, Pandoc,
MultiMarkdown, Discount or cmark processors. It also features a
live word count and auto-save. Eliminate distractions in
fullscreen mode, or concentrate on the current text you are writing
in focus mode. It even remembers your last opened file and position
within the file, so you can pick up where you last left off.
I use this software to write comfortably in markdown, it is very comfortable, easy to use. It has a lot of functions:
* HUD windows can now be closed using the Esc key when they have focus.
* A new option has been added to highlight double spaces at the end of a line.
* Github-style task lists can be made using the * and + bullet point characters, in addition to the - character.
* Support for ConTeXt and wkhtmltopdf Pandoc has been added.
* Auto-matching characters for selected text now respects the matching preferences while typing without text selected.
* Typing a single quote (') will no longer result in a second quote being automatically inserted after the cursor if the cursor is in the middle of a word.
* Most settings have been moved to a new preferences.
* Font size can now be increased by pressing Ctrl + = or decreased by pressing Ctrl + -. It can also be changed by using Ctrl and the mouse wheel.
* When exporting to other file formats, the output file will be opened after export with its default application.
* E-books created using Pandoc will also be generated with a table of contents.
* When passing in a path through the command line, a new file will be created.
* When typing a * character, ghostwriter would auto-insert a second * character in anticipation of emphasized text. The auto-inserted second * will be removed if a space is typed to accommodate a bullet list instead.
* Rudimentary support for HiDPI has been added. See notes below.
* Various performance enhancements and tweaks have been made under the hood.
It can be compared to retext https://lwn.net/Articles/686879/, but with a much larger look and function.
I would like to maintain it even though I have no skills in packaging, maybe in a team, or with a co-maintainer, I would need a particular help or a sponsor, I have light knowledge in Debian package. The package works at home, rebuilding from the source package of ubuntu with builddepends of Debian 9.