Bug#893437: ITP: golang-github-vividcortex-godaemon -- Daemonize Go applications deviously.
- Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2018 16:02:25 -0400 (EDT)
- From: "Eric Dorland" <eric@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Bug#893437: ITP: golang-github-vividcortex-godaemon -- Daemonize Go applications deviously.
Owner: Eric Dorland <eric@xxxxxxxxxx>
* Package name : golang-github-vividcortex-godaemon
Version : 0.0~git20150910.3d9f6e0-1
Upstream Author : VividCortex
* URL : https://github.com/VividCortex/godaemon
* License : MIT
Programming Lang: Go
Description : Daemonize Go applications deviously
Daemonize Go applications with exec() instead of fork().
You can't daemonize the usual way in Go. Daemonizing is a Unix concept
that requires some specific things (http://goo.gl/vTUsVy) you can't do
easily in Go. But you can still accomplish the same goals if you don't
mind that your program will start copies of itself several times, as
opposed to using fork() the way many programmers are accustomed to doing.