Bug#892551: ITP: libsmack-java -- XMPP (Jabber) client library for instant messaging and presence
- Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2018 17:19:07 +0200
- From: Al Nikolov <clown@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Bug#892551: ITP: libsmack-java -- XMPP (Jabber) client library for instant messaging and presence
Owner: Al Nikolov <clown@xxxxxxxxxx>
* Package name : libsmack-java
Version : 4.2.3
Upstream Author : Florian Schmaus <flo@xxxxxxxxxxxx> and others
* URL : https://github.com/igniterealtime/Smack
* License : Apache 2.0
Programming Lang: Java
Description : XMPP (Jabber) client library for instant messaging and presence
Smack is an open source, highly modular, easy to use, XMPP client library written in Java for Java SE compatible JVMs and Android.
A pure Java library, it can be embedded into your applications to create anything from a full XMPP instant messaging client to simple XMPP integrations such as sending notification messages and presence-enabling devices. Smack and XMPP allows you to easily exchange data, in various ways e.g. fire-and-forget, publish-subscribe, between human and non-human endpoints (M2M, IoT, …).
This package has been RFP: #779110, #640873. It's also in the dependecy chain of VASSAL Engine I'm up to packaging.
I plan to maintain is myself.