Web lists-archives.com

Re: Updated proposal for improving the FTP NEW process

Hi Steve

Please don't top-post and fix the length of your lines.

On Tue, Mar 06, 2018 at 10:22:22AM -0600, Steve Robbins wrote:
> Or: change the mechanism to avoid a trip through NEW for simple cases that Chris outlined: new binary or soname bump.  Reserve NEW for truly new things.

Can you describe an algorithm that can destinguish between an soname
change and some other change?

We do not colonize.  We conquer.  We rule.  There is no other way for us.
		-- Rojan, "By Any Other Name", stardate 4657.5