Web lists-archives.com

Re: FHS: Where to store user specific plugins / code

---- On Wed, 28 Feb 2018 09:54:14 -0800 Georg Faerber <georg@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote ----

Therefore, I'm wondering what's the correct place: Would
/usr/local/lib/schleuder/plugins be sensible? If not, any other place
which is more suitable?

If they're binaries, the FHS answer is that they go in /usr/libexec, but I don't think Debian even has that anymore. /usr/lib/schleuder/$PLATFORM would be consistent with a lot of other packages (e.g. gcc); FHS says each application can get 1 folder in /usr/lib and can put platform-specific folders under that. I'd shy away from doing anything at all to /usr/local, since there's an implicit (or even explicit?) promise that dpkg won't ever touch that.

WMG