Web lists-archives.com

Re: Can aolserver4 be considered superseded and removed?

On Tue, 27 Feb 2018 at 15:17:00 +0100, Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:
> I was meditating to replace Aolserver4 with Naviserver which is a fork
> but has has a few incompatibilities in its Tcl API. On those regards
> Naviserver is in much better state.

Do you plan to use the aolserver4 name for that package?

If it's a straight replacement under the same name, I can see the
advantage in keeping the existing package around while you prepare
that replacement; feel free to close the proposed-removal bug #891633
(or leave it open to make sure aolserver4 isn't in buster if the
replacement isn't ready, whichever you prefer).

If it's going to be under a different name anyway, then there's probably
little value in keeping the aolserver4 package alive in the meantime,
since the new name would have to go through NEW either way.