Bug#891506: ITP: gotestyourself -- A collection of go packages to support common testing patterns
- Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 17:34:38 +0700
- From: Arnaud Rebillout <elboulangero@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Bug#891506: ITP: gotestyourself -- A collection of go packages to support common testing patterns
Owner: Arnaud Rebillout <arnaud.rebillout@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
* Package name : gotestyourself
Version : 1.3.0-1
Upstream Author : Daniel Nephin
* URL : https://github.com/gotestyourself/gotestyourself
* License : Apache-2.0
Programming Lang: Go
Description : A collection of go packages to support common testing patterns
Go Test Yourself is a collection of packages compatible with go test to
support common testing patterns.
assert - compare values and fail the test when the comparison fails
env - test code that uses environment variables
fs - create test files and directories
golden - compare large multi-line strings
icmd - execute binaries and test the output
poll - test asynchronous code by polling until a desired state is reached
skip - skip tests based on conditions
testsum - a program to summarize go test output and test failures
maxbrunsfeld/counterfeiter - generate fakes for interfaces
jonboulle/clockwork - a fake clock for testing code that uses time
- why is this package useful/relevant?
It is a dependency of docker.
- how do you plan to maintain it?
I plan to maintain it within the golang packaging team.