Bug#890958: ITP: golang-github-stevvooe-ttrpc -- GRPC for low-memory environments
- Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 11:31:04 +0700
- From: Arnaud Rebillout <elboulangero@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Bug#890958: ITP: golang-github-stevvooe-ttrpc -- GRPC for low-memory environments
Owner: Arnaud Rebillout <arnaud.rebillout@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
* Package name : golang-github-stevvooe-ttrpc
Version : 0.0~git20180205.d452837-1
Upstream Author : Stephen Day
* URL : https://github.com/stevvooe/ttrpc
* License : Apache-2.0
Programming Lang: Go
Description : GRPC for low-memory environments
The existing grpc-go project requires a lot of memory overhead for
importing packages and at runtime. While this is great for many services
with low density requirements, this can be a problem when running a
large number of services on a single machine or on a machine with a
small amount of memory.
Using the same GRPC definitions, this project reduces the binary size
and protocol overhead required. We do this by eliding the net/http,
net/http2 and grpc package used by grpc replacing it with a lightweight
framing protocol. The result are smaller binaries that use less resident
memory with the same ease of use as GRPC.
Please note that while this project supports generating either end of
the protocol, the generated service definitions will be incompatible
with regular GRPC services, as they do not speak the same protocol.
- why is this package useful/relevant?
It is a dependency of containerd.
- how do you plan to maintain it?
I plan to maintain it within the golang packaging team.