Web lists-archives.com

Re: What can Debian do to provide complex applications to its users?

Michael Meskes, on sam. 17 févr. 2018 13:57:53 +0100, wrote:
> > Minification is quite comparable to compilation. I will give you some
> > examples from my frustration with Drupal8 in this answer. This can no
> > longer be seen as source code:
> I disagree, it is not maintainable source code, yes, but source code
> nonetheless. According to wikipedia source code is:
> In computing, source code is any collection of computer instructions,
> possibly with comments, written using[1] a human-readable programming
> language, usually as plain text.

And according to the GPL, it is

The source code for a work means the preferred form of the work for
making modifications to it.

minified source is definitly not that.

That's not something one can maintain anyway, so really not source code.

You could as well claim that you can modify binary ELF files: for the
processor, it's source code.