Web lists-archives.com

Re: What can Debian do to provide complex applications to its users?

On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 04:34:39PM +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> When I see upstream java packages just stuffing .jar files without
> indication of where they come from or even their licencing terms, it's
> just unacceptable.
I see this as well and am quite frustrated by it. In the university
class I teach, dependency management in our project is something that is
quite important. Though, at that stage of life, the students usually
lack the experience to appreciate why it is important.

Roberto C. Sánchez