Bug#890227: ITP: dump1090 -- Mode S decoder specifically designed for RTLSDR devices
- Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2018 10:17:43 +0200
- From: Jonathan Carter <jcarter@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Bug#890227: ITP: dump1090 -- Mode S decoder specifically designed for RTLSDR devices
Owner: Jonathan Carter <jcc@xxxxxxxxxx>
* Package name : dump1090
Version : unreleased (git)
Upstream Author : Salvatore Sanfilippo <antirez@xxxxxxxxx>
* URL : https://github.com/antirez/dump1090
* License : BSD
Programming Lang: C
Description : Mode S decoder specifically designed for RTLSDR devices
- Robust decoding of weak messages, with mode1090 many users observed
improved range compared to other popular decoders.
- Network support: TCP30003 stream (MSG5...), Raw packets, HTTP.
- Embedded HTTP server that displays the currently detected aircrafts on
- Single bit errors correction using the 24 bit CRC.
- Ability to decode DF11, DF17 messages.
- Ability to decode DF formats like DF0, DF4, DF5, DF16, DF20 and DF21 where
the checksum is xored with the ICAO address by brute forcing the checksum
field using recently seen ICAO addresses.
- Decode raw IQ samples from file (using --ifile command line switch).
- Interactive command-line-interfae mode where aircrafts currently detected
are shown as a list refreshing as more data arrives.
- CPR coordinates decoding and track calculation from velocity.
- TCP server streaming and receiving raw data to/from connected clients
For now, I intend to maintain this myself under my salsa namespace. In the
future this will likely be moved to a team who might share interest with