Bug#889744: ITP: mallard-ducktype -- Parser for Ducktype, a lightweight documentation syntax
- Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2018 17:06:38 +0000
- From: Simon McVittie <smcv@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Bug#889744: ITP: mallard-ducktype -- Parser for Ducktype, a lightweight documentation syntax
Owner: Simon McVittie <smcv@xxxxxxxxxx>
* Package name : mallard-ducktype (binaries: ducktype, python3-mallard.ducktype)
Version : 0.3
Upstream Author : Shaun McCance
* URL : http://projectmallard.org/
* License : Expat (MIT/X11)
Programming Lang: Python
Description : Parser for Ducktype, a lightweight documentation syntax
Ducktype is a lightweight non-XML syntax for Mallard, a topic-oriented
markup language for help files. Mallard is primarily used in GNOME help.
The ducktype package contains the ducktype command-line tool, which
can be used to convert Ducktype documents into the Mallard XML format
for further processing by the tools and stylesheets in the yelp-tools
and yelp-xsl packages.
The python3-mallard.ducktype package contains the Python 3 library.
Ducktype is used for a document in dbus providing D-Bus API design advice,
which we don't yet ship in Debian. It might be used for help files in
GNOME in future, but as far as I know all GNOME apps use the XML variant
of Mallard at the moment.
I intend to maintain this in the GNOME team, or possibly the Python
Modules team when they switch to gbp-pq and salsa.debian.org.
Co-maintainers welcome (indeed, sole maintainers welcome if someone
wants to take this away from me).