Web lists-archives.com

Re: Removing packages perhaps too aggressively?

On 31/01/18 21:01, Jeremy Bicha wrote:
>> Here you go, there's #871004 for you. Missed jessie, stretch,
>> not in testing, no uploads since the beginning of 2017.
>
> I don't think you'll get much sympathy for a package being removed
> from unstable when it hasn't shipped with a Debian release since
> Wheezy, and has continuously been out of Testing for 3.5 years.

True, it hasn't. But if you look a little bit closer, you'll see both RC
bugs it had were quite trivial to fix: two sourceless files (would be
fixed by linking them to the packaged versions instead), and an failed
attempt to download a build-dep (actually, fixed by an NMU while fixing
another bug, just never marked as done).

--
Cheers,
  Andrew