Updating the Maintainer field in preparation for Alioth's shutdown?
- Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 15:25:14 -0500
- From: Jeremy Bicha <jbicha@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Updating the Maintainer field in preparation for Alioth's shutdown?
According to the schedule , incoming mail will be disabled for
mailing lists hosted at Alioth in less than 2 weeks. I am still
confused about what we are recommending that maintainers and teams do,
so I'm asking questions now. :)
1. Are the lists still expected to stop accepting new mail on that date?
2. I assume that efforts to provide a transitional "continuation"
email system haven't been successful yet, right?
3. If a team manages to get a lists.debian.org address, it's
recommended that they switch the Maintainer fields in their packages
from the Alioth list address to that address, right?
4. There may eventually be a tracker.debian.org team contact service
that might be a better fit for the Maintainer field than
lists.debian.org but that isn't expected before the deadline, right?