Bug#887527: ITP: pico2wave -- command line text-to-speech converter
- Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2018 19:23:03 +0100
- From: Paolo Greppi <paolo.greppi@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Bug#887527: ITP: pico2wave -- command line text-to-speech converter
Owner: Paolo Greppi <paolo.greppi@xxxxxxxxx>
* Package name : pico2wave
Version : 1.0.0
Upstream Author : Paolo Greppi <paolo.greppi@xxxxxxxxx>
* URL : https://salsa.debian.org/paolog-guest/pico2wave
* License : Apache-2.0
Programming Lang: C
Description : command line text-to-speech converter
pico2wave is a command-line utility to convert text to speech
using the SVOX Pico engine.
It accepts the text either on the command line or from stdin,
and writes to a WAV file.
The pico2wave utility is already available in debian.
The binary ATM is somewhat confusingly provided by libttspico-utils.
AS per https://bugs.debian.org/883156, svox version 1.0+git20130326-8 already includes my patch to support stdin, albeit up to 32767 characters.
The idea is to separate the libttspico-utils binary package from the svox source package.
In this way it will have its own version number, plus the code would not be in a patch but in plaintext.
It will produce a new binary pico2wave and a transitional libttspico-utils as per:
The plan is also to overcome the 32767 characters limitation by:
1. breaking up the text in chunks of < 32767 characters using some sort of elementary Sentence Boundary Detection algorithm
2. process the chunks in the synthesis loop
sthibault has agreed to sponsor the upload.