Precarious status of Shutter in Debian
- Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2017 10:39:25 +0100
- From: Dominique Dumont <domi.dumont@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: Precarious status of Shutter in Debian
Debian is moving away from Gnome2::VFS  . This obsolete module will be
removed from next release of Debian.
Unfortunately, shutter, a very nice Gtk2 screenshot application, depends on
Gnome::VFS, which means that shutter will be removed from Debian unless this
dependency is removed from shutter .
I guess that the options are:
* port shutter from Gnome2::VFS to GVFS or GIO
* replace Gnome2::VFS with other Perl modules.
Unfortunately, Debian perl team do not have the skills or bandwidth to work on
this port, I hope that someone will be able to help.
If you're interested in taking over maintenance of shutter, please:
- coordinate with upstream shutter team  (yes, upstream is on launchpad)
- keep debian-perl team and me posted
All the best
Dod, on behalf of Debian Perl team
https://github.com/dod38fr/ -o- http://search.cpan.org/~ddumont/
http://ddumont.wordpress.com/ -o- irc: dod at irc.debian.org