Bug#885669: ITP: atf-allwinner -- "secure world" software for Allwinner SoCs
- Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2017 03:00:17 +0100
- From: Adam Borowski <kilobyte@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Bug#885669: ITP: atf-allwinner -- "secure world" software for Allwinner SoCs
Owner: Adam Borowski <kilobyte@xxxxxxxxxx>
* Package name : atf-allwinner
Version : 1.0 + allwinner changes
Upstream Author : original: ARM ltd
allwinner stuff: Andre Przywara (apritzel), Icenowy
Zheng, Vasily Khoruzhick (anarsoul)
* URL : https://github.com/anarsoul/arm-trusted-firmware
* License : BSD-3, BSD-2, GPL2+
Programming Lang: C
Description : "secure world" software for Allwinner SoCs
The "secure world" on arm64 machines is a special level of CPU
privilege that is hidden from the normal OS, and has complete
control over the system. It provides both initialization during
early boot stages (before u-boot or EFI) and system monitor
functionality once the machine is booted up. This is an equivalent
of Intel ME on x86.
This package is a fork of the ATF specific to 64-bit Allwinner
devices, such as Pine64 and Pinebook.
Note that vanilla ATF is ITP #881620; the Allwinner fork might or might
not be incorporated there in the future.