Bug#885152: ITP: intel-me-cleaner -- Tool for partial deblobbing of Intel ME/TXE firmware images
- Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2017 23:02:20 +0000
- From: Balint Reczey <balint@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Bug#885152: ITP: intel-me-cleaner -- Tool for partial deblobbing of Intel ME/TXE firmware images
Owner: Balint Reczey <rbalint@xxxxxxxxxx>
* Package name : intel-me-cleaner
Version : 1.0+git20171022.g2ff65c1
Upstream Author : Nicola Corna <nicola@xxxxxxxxxx>
* URL : https://github.com/corna/me_cleaner
* License : GPL-3.0+
Programming Lang: Python
Description : Tool for partial deblobbing of Intel ME/TXE firmware images
The IntelÂ® Management Engine (ME) is a microcontroller embedded in most
Intel chipsets manufactured since 2006 that runs independently from the main
It is not removable from the system and it runs a signed proprietary firmware,
with full network and memory access, which poses a serious security threat.
Even when disabled from the BIOS settings, Intel ME is active: the only way
to be sure it is disabled is to remove its firmware from the flash chip.
This package allows removing parts of the signed proprietary firmware
effectively disabling the Management Engine.
Generated with the help of dpt-gen-itp(1) from pkg-perl-tools.