Bug#883465: ITP: appmenu-gtk-module -- GtkMenuShell to GMenuModel parser
- Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2017 11:53:02 +0100
- From: Mike Gabriel <mike.gabriel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Bug#883465: ITP: appmenu-gtk-module -- GtkMenuShell to GMenuModel parser
Owner: Mike Gabriel <mike.gabriel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
* Package name : appmenu-gtk-module
Version : 0.5.5
Upstream Author : Konstantin (https://github.com/rilian-la-te)
* URL : https://github.com/rilian-la-te/vala-panel-appmenu/tree/master/unity-gtk-module
* License : LGPL-3
Programming Lang: C
Description : GtkMenuShell to GMenuModel parser
GTK+ module for exporting old-style menus as GMenuModels.
Many applications implement menus as GtkMenuShells and GtkMenuItems and
aren't looking to migrate to the newer GMenuModel API.
The AppMenu GTK+ module watches for these types of menus and exports the
appropriate GMenuModel implementation.
The (new) upstream author has started continuing and improving the
unity-gtk-module as found in Ubuntu needed for the Unity Desktop
Recommendation will be send to the community team continuing support for
Unity 7 to switch over to this AppMenu module rather than continuing
unity-gtk-module. (Share workload, reducing list of to-be-maintained
In Debian, this package will be needed to have vala-panel with
The packaging will be done by joint team efforts (Ayatana Packagers,
MATE Packaging Team).