Arch-dependent Python libs
- Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2017 14:57:17 +0000
- From: Nico Schlömer <nico.schloemer@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Arch-dependent Python libs
I'm looking at VTK, a large C++ code that also provides Python bindings. I'm wondering now where to install the Python files. From the Debian Python guidelines  :
> Public Python 3 modules must be installed in the system Python 3 modules directory, /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages.
> Architecture-independent public Python 3 modules must be installed to /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages.
(And likewise for Python 2.) From this, I understand that for all arches, the files go in `/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages`. Is this correct? If yet, the wording in the guidelines could probable be improved.
- Prev by Date: Bug#883270: ITP: r-cran-shinydashboard -- GNU R create dashboards with 'Shiny'
- Next by Date: Re: ISO download difficult (was: Debian Stretch new user report (vs Linux Mint))
- Previous by thread: Bug#883270: ITP: r-cran-shinydashboard -- GNU R create dashboards with 'Shiny'
- Next by thread: Participating on #SaveCodeShare from FSFE