Bug#881220: ITP: qperf -- Measure socket and RDMA performance
- Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2017 16:00:41 -0600
- From: "Brian T. Smith" <bsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Bug#881220: ITP: qperf -- Measure socket and RDMA performance
Owner: "Brian T. Smith" <bsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
* Package name : qperf
Version : 0.4.9
Upstream Author : Johann George <johann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
* URL : http://www.openfabrics.org
* License : GPL, BSD
Programming Lang: C
Description : Measure socket and RDMA performance
qperf measures bandwidth and latency between two nodes. It can work
over TCP/IP as well as the RDMA transports.
- qperf is a widely-used tool for testing performance of RDMA
stacks and fabrics.
- While there is some overlap with iperf3 in the area of TCP
performanced testing, iperf3 cannot directly test an RDMA
trasport. qperf allows direct testing of UD and RC RDMA.
- qperf will be maintained as part of my employer's ongoing
project of supporting RDMA functionality on Debian.
- I do not yet have Debian maintainer status, and will
require a sponsor.
- qperf will be included in the software packages maintained by
- I use qperf on a regular basis to test functionality and
performance of RDMA fabrics with the amd64 architecture.