Bug#879125: ITP: python-requests-file -- File transport adapter for Requests
- Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2017 14:16:07 -0400
- From: Antoine Beaupre <anarcat@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Bug#879125: ITP: python-requests-file -- File transport adapter for Requests
Owner: Antoine Beaupre <anarcat@xxxxxxxxxx>
* Package name : python-requests-file
Version : 2017-04-28
Upstream Author : David Shea
* URL : https://pypi.python.org/pypi/requests-file
* License : Apache 2.0
Programming Lang: Python
Description : File transport adapter for Requests
Requests-File is a transport adapter for use with the Requests Python
library to allow local filesystem access via file:// URLs.
* Will open and read local files
* Might set a Content-Length header
* That’s about it
No encoding information is set in the response object, so be careful
using Response.text: the chardet library will be used to convert the
file to a unicode type and it may not detect what you actually want.
EACCES is converted to a 403 status code, and ENOENT is converted to a
404. All other IOError types are converted to a 400.
I plan on shoving this into py2dsp and co-maintaining it with whoever
wants to. I need this to simplify feed2exec local file:// access
routines and I think it's a generally good package to have available
(and why isn't this in requests in the first place??)
I'd be happy to delegate this to the Python team as well of course.