Bug#877017: ITP: python-rstr -- easily generate random strings of various types
- Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2017 21:48:38 +0200
- From: Ximin Luo <infinity0@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Bug#877017: ITP: python-rstr -- easily generate random strings of various types
Owner: Ximin Luo <infinity0@xxxxxxxxxx>
* Package name : python-rstr
Version : 2.2.6
Upstream Author : Brendan McCollam <bmccollam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
* URL : https://bitbucket.org/leapfrogdevelopment/rstr/
* License : BSD-3-Clause
Programming Lang: Python
Description : Easily generate random strings of various types
rstr is a helper module for easily generating random strings of various
types. It could be useful for fuzz testing, generating dummy data, or
other applications. It has no dependencies outside the standard library,
and is compatible with Python 3.
The basic method of rstr is rstr(). At a minimum, it requires one
argument, an alphabet of characters from which to create a string.
Inspired by the Java library of the same name, the xeger() method allows
users to create a random string from a regular expression.
You can combine rstr with Python's built-in string formatting to produce
strings that fit a variety of templates.