Re: pasting license text into debian/copyright
- Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2017 18:54:21 +0200
- From: Jonas Smedegaard <jonas@xxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: pasting license text into debian/copyright
Quoting Thorsten Alteholz (2017-09-16 18:10:16)
> manually working on debian/copyright can be nasty from time to time.
> Would extending a service like:
> curl http://licapi.debian.net/template
> curl http://licapi.debian.net/template/lgpl3
> with all those licenses not in /usr/share/common-licenses be of any help?
Not quite sure what you suggest.
It looks like you suggest to duplicate the work of SPDX - see e.g.
I believe that in the long term such duplication of work is not helpful,
and instead we should support SPDX in being the curators of a single
canonical repository of common Free licensing patterns in active use.
That said, I do believe that short-term some degree of competition does
help - when coordinated with SPDX. Anyone interested in that please
join the licenses-discuss mailinglist:
* Jonas Smedegaard - idealist & Internet-arkitekt
* Tlf.: +45 40843136 Website: http://dr.jones.dk/
[x] quote me freely [ ] ask before reusing [ ] keep private