Bug#874089: ITP: pipewire -- libraries for the PipeWire multimedia server
- Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2017 22:33:38 -0400
- From: Jeremy Bicha <jbicha@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Bug#874089: ITP: pipewire -- libraries for the PipeWire multimedia server
Package Name: pipewire
Upstream Author : Wim Taymans
License : LGPL-2+
Programming Lang: C
Description: libraries for the PipeWire multimedia server - documentation
PipeWire is a server and user space API to deal with multimedia
pipelines. This includes:
- Making available sources of video (such as from a capture devices or
application provided streams) and multiplexing this with clients.
- Accessing sources of video for consumption.
- Generating graphs for audio and video processing.
PipeWire  is an optional dependency of mutter 3.26 to enable
experimental Remote Desktop support in GNOME on Wayland. But its
ambitions are greater: "PipeWire now aims at unifying linux Audio and
The author gave a talk recently at GUADEC about PipeWire. 
The Debian GNOME team intends to maintain this package.
Work-in-progress packaging is at