Bug#873095: ITP: revolt -- better desktop integration for Riot.im
- Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2017 10:19:04 -0400
- From: Hubert Chathi <uhoreg@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Bug#873095: ITP: revolt -- better desktop integration for Riot.im
Owner: Hubert Chathi <uhoreg@xxxxxxxxxx>
* Package name : revolt
Version : 0.0+git20170627.3f5112b
Upstream Author : Adrian Perez <aperez@xxxxxxxxxx>
* URL or Web page : https://github.com/aperezdc/revolt
* License : GPL-3
Description : better desktop integration for Riot.im
Revolt is a small application which wraps the Riot.im webapp to provide better
integration with desktop environments in general, and GNOME in particular:
* Having Riot as a “standalone” application with its own window, launcher,
icon, etc. instead of it living in a browser tab.
* Persistent notifications (for desktop environments supporting them, i.e.
GNOME). Notifications are automatically prevented when the Revolt window
* Status icon for desktop environment which have a tray bar applet (XFCE,
Budgie, likely many others).
Riot.im is a chat client for Matrix, an open, federated communications