Web lists-archives.com

Re: Windows viruses in Debian email packages [from Misc Developer News (#44)]

On Sat, 05 Aug 2017 at 09:03:12 -0500, Steve Robbins wrote:
> The news bit refers to "test corpus", so removal would presumably not change
> the output.  But I have to wonder: are there not cases where the malware is
> present for *training* a detection system?  If so, I would imagine removal
> could reduce the effectiveness of training.  So what alternative exists for
> this case (if it indeed is a case we need to worry about)?

Encrypt it with a well-known symmetric password and decrypt it at
build-time? Or use libgfshare to split it into two parts (which should
be statistically indistinguishable from random) and recombine them at

All that's necessary is to obfuscate the offending content to an extent
where automated detection won't notice, and there are lots of ways to
do that.