Web lists-archives.com

Re: Debian built from non-Debian sources

Russ Allbery writes ("Re: Debian built from non-Debian sources"):
> I think it would be interesting to strive for making available all Debian
> infrastructure in our archives (although I think you may find that you'll
> need a separate archive that doesn't correspond to stable or unstable,
> based on having done similar things in the past), but it would be
> premature to put a requirement into Policy until we actually *did* decide
> to do that.  Which would affect a ton of different teams, and would be
> quite a bit of work.

As a practical matter, complex bespoke services are much easier to run
directly out of their vcs trees.

I think a better engineering approach to allowing others to share our
infrastructure code is to ensure that every service we run can
provide, automatically and at runtime, its own source code.

Ian Jackson <ijackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>   These opinions are my own.