Web lists-archives.com

Re: IMPORTANT: Do live Debian images have a future?

at bottom :-

On 12/07/2017, Fernando Toledo <ftoledo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> El 26/06/17 a las 11:08, Steve McIntyre escribió:
>> [ Note the cross-posting... ]
>> Hey folks,
> Our Use-case:
> We develop a derivated distro from Debian called Huayra GNU/Linux, this
> is for educational program of government in Argentina. This big program
> ship around 5 millons of netbooks to highschool students.

> --
> Fernando Toledo
> Dock Sud BBS
> http://bbs.docksud.com.ar
> telnet://bbs.docksud.com.ar

In short, this alone use-case answers Steve's original question which
was primarily are there any users who use or would use this tool or
his time would be better spent somewhere else. I think just the above
use-case and number of users answers the need for a tool like
live-wrapper. As has been pointed out by me and others, it just needs
more testing (documentation and love by devs.) to drive more usage

          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल