Bug#867322: ITP: python-daiquiri -- Python library to easily setup basic logging functionality
- Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2017 19:00:20 +0100
- From: Chris Lamb <lamby@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Bug#867322: ITP: python-daiquiri -- Python library to easily setup basic logging functionality
* Package name : python-daiquiri
Version : 1.0.1
Upstream Author : Julien Danjou <julien@xxxxxxxxxxx>
* URL : http://github.com/jd/daiquiri
* License : Apache-2.0
Programming Lang: Python
Description : Python library to easily setup basic logging functionality
The daiquiri library provides an easy way to configure logging. It also
provides some custom formatters and handlers.
It's promise is to setup a complete standard Python logging system with just
one function call. Nothing more, nothing less. The interesting features are:
* Logs to stderr by default.
* Use colors if logging to a terminal.
* Support file logging.
* Use program name as the name of the logging file so providing just a
directory for logging will work.
* Support syslog.
* Support journald.
* JSON output support.
* Support of arbitrary key/value context information providing.
* Capture the warnings emitted by the warnings module.
* Native logging of any exception.
(As an somewhat social experiment, I plan to only package the Python 3
version of this package until requested by users.)
: :' : Chris Lamb
`. `'` lamby@xxxxxxxxxx / chris-lamb.co.uk