Bug#865339: ITP: no-littering-el -- help keeping ~/.emacs.d clean
- Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2017 20:17:19 +0500
- From: Lev Lamberov <dogsleg@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Bug#865339: ITP: no-littering-el -- help keeping ~/.emacs.d clean
Owner: Lev Lamberov <dogsleg@xxxxxxxxxx>
* Package name : no-littering-el
Version : 0.5.7
Upstream Author : Jonas Bernoulli <jonas@xxxxxxxxxx>
* URL or Web page : https://github.com/tarsius/no-littering
* License : GPL-3+
Programming Lang: Emacs Lisp
Description : help keeping ~/.emacs.d clean
The default paths used to store configuration files and persistent
data are not consistent across Emacs packages. This isn't just a
problem with third-party packages but even with built-in packages.
This package sets out to fix this by changing the values of path
variables to put files in either `no-littering-etc-directory'
(defaulting to "~/.emacs.d/etc/") or `no-littering-var-directory'
(defaulting to "~/.emacs.d/var/"), and by using descriptive file
names and subdirectories when appropriate.