Bug#864408: ITP: dehydrated-dnspython-hook -- dehydrated dns-01 challenge response support
- Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2017 09:16:52 +0200
- From: IOhannes m zmölnig (Debian/GNU) <umlaeute@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Bug#864408: ITP: dehydrated-dnspython-hook -- dehydrated dns-01 challenge response support
Owner: =?utf-8?q?IOhannes_m_zm=C3=B6lnig_=28Debian/GNU=29?= <umlaeute@xxxxxxxxxx>
* Package name : dehydrated-dnspython-hook
Version : 0.1
Upstream Author : Elizabeth Ferdman <gnudevliz@xxxxxxxxx>
* URL : https://github.com/eferdman/dnspython-hook
* License : GPL-3
Programming Lang: Python
Description : dehydrated dns-01 challenge response support
This package provides a hook script to serve dns-01 challenge responses for
It uses the dnspython API to perform dynamic DNS updates, creating a temporary
TXT record for the given domain, thereby proving ownership of the domain.
It requires a DNS-server capable of performing dynamic DNS updates, like bind9.
There is no need for the DNS-server to run on the local machine.
This is especially useful if you want to create ACME certificates for servers
that do not serve HTTP and/or are not exposed to the public internet.
Most ACME-related packages in Debian only deal with http-01 challenges.
This one deals with dns-01.
I intend to maintain this package under the "Debian Let's Encrypt" umbrella
(provided that the team accepts this :-))